The Title Screen Add-On plugin adds several features to the Title Screen (as the name suggests).
This plugin contains a number of "pluginlets", including my Pretitle Movie Plugin (no longer available), which I wrote when RMMV was first released. I combined them into a single add-on to make it easier to maintain and update.
|Release Date:||2.3 27 March 2016
v2.1 11 March 2016
v2.0: 22 November 2015
v1.7: 15 November 2015
|Last Update:||27 March 2016|
- Pretitle Movie – Plays a movie before the Title Screen.
- Title Header & Footer – Displays text above and below the main game title.
- Menu Position Offset – Change the menu position (x- and y-offsets) on the screen.
- Scrolling Borders – Animated horizontal and vertical border (or other) images.
- Weather Effects – Use a weather effect (Rain, Storm or Snow) for an added dimension, including weather sounds.
- Website Command – Adds a command to visit a website (opens in a new window).
- v2.3.2 (27-Mar-2016)
Release Version: Version 2.3 (Public)
–Bug Fix: Weather Bgs continuing on New Game map
–Add: User settings for volume, pitch and pan
–Tweak: Truncate code for playing weather sounds
–Bug Fix: Weather sounds not playing properly
–Add: Weather Sound Effects
- v2.1.0 (11-Mar-2016)
—Release Version: 2.1 (Public)
–Bug Fix: Weather sprite unexpected error
- v2.0.0 (22-Nov-2015)
—Release Version: 2.0 (Public)
- v1.11.0 (22-Nov-2015)
–Remove Title font effects (now separate plugin)
- v1.10.0 (19-Nov-2015)
–Add: Title font effects (Normal/Splash)
–Add: Title menu opacity
–Add: Title menu position offsets
- v1.7.0 (15-Nov-2015)
—Release Version: 1.7 (Public)
- v1.6.8 (13-Nov-2015)
–Bug Fix: Weather not drawing correct weather on-screen
–Tweak: Replaced weather if statements with switch
- v1.6.6 (12-Nov-2015)
–Add: Header/Footer On/Off Toggle
–Bug Fix: Weather not updating properly on title screen
- v1.6.3 (10-Nov-2015)
–Bug Fix: Weather effect continuing after title screen
- v1.6.2 (09-Nov-2015)
–Add: Choice of direction for scrolling Vertical Image (up/down)
–Add: scrolling Vertical Image
–Bug Fix: Image not scrolling properly
–Add: Choice of direction for scrolling Horizontal Image (left/right)
- v1.3.1 (08-Nov-2015)
–Add: scrolling Horizontal Image
- v1.2.1 (07-Nov-2015)
–Add: Pretitle Movie (merged)
- v1.1.1 (01-Nov-2015)
–Change: First/second subtitles as header/footer respectively
–Add: Second subtitle
- v1.0.0 (29-Oct-2015)
—Release Version: 1.0 (Non-Public)
- v0.4.0 (28-Oct-2015)
–Add parameter: text color
–Add parameter: outline color
- v0.2.0 (27-Oct-2015)
–Add: separate subclass to draw subtitle
This plugin was going to be released after the game’s release, but I decided not to do that. The original version of this plugin was heavily modified for the game, with several settings overwritten for its purposes too (a bad thing to do in the first place).
With the public release, everything has been properly organized, aliased and referenced. Since its release, the plugin has evolved into something beyond its original purposes.
There are no additional plugin settings to change.
Although the Title Screen Add-On plugin is fully functional, there are still a few kinks to iron out.
- Premature or Delayed BGM/BGS – Occasionally, the Title Screen’s BGM/BGS will play midway through the pretitle movie. There may also be a slight delay in the music playing after the pretitle movie is finished loading. This (I suspect) is due to the way RMMV preloads and caches things.
There are other bugs as well, but those are minor.
- Different weather effects (leaves, particles, etc.)
- Animated background (not just foreground)
- Updated: Weather sound effects
Credit "Companion Wulf" or "RPG Maker Times" if using this plugin in your projects.