While going through my bookmarks, I came across a few Faceset Generators, which I thought I’d share.
- RMVX/RMXP Faceset Generator – I haven’t really investigated this program thoroughly yet (expect me too soon though), but from what I can gather it’s a really good utility. In addition to creating your own unique facesets with a plethora of resources, including randomization, you can also modify the colors. From what I’ve seen so far, this is a winner and a definite addition to your RPG Maker utilities library.
- Celianna’s Faceset Generator – Again, I’ve not tried this yet, but it looks good. The only reason I’ve not investigated this is because it’s not an actual installable utility, it’s a .PSD file, which for those unfamiliar with the extension is a Photoshop Document file. Most modern graphic editors, such as Photoshop (of course), GIMP and Paint.net, can handle using .PSD files. Each component becomes a “layer”, which can be dragged and dropped onto one another to create some awesome facesets. Again, this is something I’ll be looking into further when I have the time (I’ve literally just finished installing GIMP and am still finding my way around it proper).
- Faceset Laboratory – This is an online generator with a lot of different options. The link is in Chinese because the Google-translated site doesn’t display the images properly, if at all. The English version can still be viewed for reference for those who can’t speak Chinese. On a side-note, it appears there are no options to create male characters per se, only female characters, although at a push male-looking characters can still be created.
- Character Generation System – This is the original, and best in my opinion, generator for RMVX facesets. Primarily, it’s a sprite generator but includes a matching faceset, based loosely on the RTP graphics. Most of the characters I’ve created for RMVX projects have used this website. (The link goes to the Google-translated version.)
- Anime Face Maker – As the title suggests, this Flash generator is designed to make cutesy Anime-style faces, which can then be used as facesets. I like this generator, even though I’d have no real cause to utilize it fully, and spent a while playing around with it, creating a cool-looking “bearded lady”!
There are several other noteworthy face makers, which I’ll list in another post. In the meantime, have fun designing and generating!
4 thoughts on“Faceset Generator List (RMVX/XP) – Part #1“
That ‘Chinese’ is Japanese…
Apart from that, Thanks ^^
Moromagalabo has an english mirror at http://rpgvxstuff.brokecat.org/moromagalabo/moromagalabo.html but it seems to be offline currently.
Thanks for this. When I have some time I’ll go through ALL the links to test them out.
You must log in to post a comment.