The Q-Engine is a plug-and-play script that allows you to add features to your game and customize them according to your needs, including an animated title screen and alternative Status screen. Various add-ons are also available to enhance your game further.
|Release Date:||10 March 2015|
|Last Update:||6 October 2015|
The script has been greatly expanded from a simple system of tweaks and minor additions into a complete engine. Over time, further development will take place to append additional plug-and-play "modules" that will enhance things like layout, functionality and the system itself, giving options to integrate them fully or disable them as necessary. One such add-on is the Q-Engine CBS (currently in its second-phase beta), which adds additional perks, features and tweaks to the combat system.
A text-only version of the script to copy and paste into your project is available. Work has also begun on the full manual, which will be available in DOC or PDF soon. The manual has not been updated to reflect the changes in version 4.0 yet.
- Actor Options – Displays additional bonuses derived from objects and actor options (set in the Database.)
- Actor Ranks/Titles – A feature where a title is given depending on the actors’ levels.
- Alternative Layout – An alternative Status Screen layout, replete with titles. This feature has recently undergone a rewrite for improvements and compatibility issues.
- Confirm Exit: – Confirms you’d like to exit the game.
- Menu Information Windows – Provides additional information about each menu command (Title and Game Over menus).
- Pretitles/Last Names – Gives options to include a pretitle and last name (surname).
- Random Title/Game Over Backgrounds: Displays random Title and/or Game Over images.
- Global Colors Module (GCM)
- Bitmap Addons (BMA)
- Battle Start/End Images – Displays an image at the start and end of combat.
- Turn Counter – Displays a window showing the number of turns in battle.
- Battle Faces – Shows faces instead of the default characters.
- Restore HP/MP/States – Restores MP/HP/States after battle.
* This was formerly part of the Q-Engine.
- Location Map – Displays a location window on the Scene Menu.
- Map Window – Displays the location (including sublocation and XY coordinates) on a new map.
* The Location Window (on Scene Menu) was formerly part of the Q-Engine.
- Copy and paste the script into RMVX between Materials and Main Processes (along with the required modules).
- Extract the ZIP file to a temporary folder.
- Open the Q-ENGINE-v4.exe file and install to an appropriate folder.
- Copy and paste the script (along with the required files) between Materials and Main Processes.
Version 4.0a is ready for download! Future versions will focus on the add-ons and general improvements.
Version 5.0 is in progress. This version’s focus is on improvements to the Q-Engine and further add-ons.
You must log in to post a comment.